Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Amazing Video Against Bullying

Tons and tons and I mean TONS of my friends on facebook have been sharing this video:

It's a powerful one! The amazing thing with it is it isn't just a great and powerful poem, it's a collaboration, many people put in the various parts and pieces of this video. In the about section of the movie it says, "Dozens of collaborators from around the world helped to bring this piece to life. Learn more about them and the project at http://www.tothisdayproject.com" plus the credit section is HUGE! I think it's really cool that so many people came together to create such a great piece of art.

Thankfully I didn't have a lot of issues with bullies growing up. There were a few little things, I was usually the teachers pet for one thing, but nothing like some of the stuff in the video.  My husband had a bad time with them and even experienced being shoved in a locker and a garbage can.  I've been really amazed at how this video has effected my friends - some of them writing great and poignant post on facebook. I have an interesting mix of friends on facebook, they span all over the spectrum, yet many of them had times where they faced feelings of being less than human and unnecessary. I hope that things like this movie and other group efforts to bring awareness and help for those that face bullies will result in a time where there aren't things that hurt people "to this day."

No comments:

Post a Comment